There is always a possibility of extreme weather including snow or flooding when booking a party, we’ve complied a small blog to help you decide on how to proceed with your party.
Before the Day
- Check the weather status. Look at the weather for the days before and on the day of your party. It may be possible the bad weather could pass.
- Speak with close family members who plan to attend. Ask them about their route to the party and how it could affect them. Try not to worry any other guests too early as this can cause confusion.
- We’d always advise creating a social media group for the guests of your party to keep them up to date with details of your party. This can avoid the same questions being asked. Regular weather updates and information can be issued too. A great feature of this is that you can see which of your guests have seen your posts.
- Check your venue and services booked before making any decisions. Each business should have terms associated with booking and you may be able to rearrange or cancel at no added cost.
- You may wish to have a ‘back up plan’ and could look at moving your party closer to home or even at home if it means more guests can attend!
Cancellation policies can affect if and when you choose to cancel.?
On The Day
- The weather can sometimes surprise us! If this is the case and you wake up to extreme weather on the day of your party, do call your venue and suppliers to check their status immediately.
- Check with a few of your guests regarding their status and if they will be planning on making the party.
- You could activate your ‘back up plan’ and move the party closer to home if this is something you have arranged.
Can the party still go ahead with less guests?
We can’t see any reason why not. Speak with your suppliers and services and they should be able to adjust your numbers. There could be an additional cost to this.
Whatever you do – don’t panic! Snow is completely unavoidable and frustration will only make you feel worse. Trust us on that one!